Applied Exercise Physiology
Get the skills required for applied exercise physiology testing and research in areas such as power, aerobic capacity and neuromuscular function.
Students will need to have taken the following modules:
- EP (Physiology of Sport and Exercise)
English language requirements
If English is not your first language you must have one of the following qualifications as evidence of your English language skills:
- IELTS Academic or UKVI 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each sub-skill.
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) 60 overall with a minimum of 59 in each sub-skill.
- IBT TOEFL 78 overall with a minimum of 17 in listening, 18 in reading, 20 in speaking and 17 in writing.
See our information on English language requirements for more details on the language tests we accept and options to waive these requirements.
On completion of this module students will be able to:
explain and perform a range of exercise assessments commonly used by exercise physiology practitioners
critically analyse exercise assessment data and make exercise prescriptions
develop and evaluate research questions in a group environment
deal with practical problems in laboratory, field, and community health settings
Delivery and assessment
The module will be delivered using a range of approaches including face-to-face and online activities which may include:
- live lectures, webinars and workshops
- pre-recorded lectures, videos, podcasts
- other activities such as reading, quizzes, discussion boards
Canvas (our virtual learning environment), Microsoft Teams and other tools may be used in the teaching of the module.
Dr Lewis Macgregor