Animal Welfare and Ethical Review Body
Request approval for research that involves animals in any way.
Submission process and deadlines for AWERB
The AWERB panel meets regularly throughout the year to consider ethical approval applications. See their schedule of upcoming meetings below.
Applications are reviewed weekly, we aim to have an outcome within 10 working days. Please submit your application through ERM.
|10 Dec 2021||10:00 - 12:00|
|18 March 2022||10:00 - 12:00|
|10 June 2022||10:00 - 12:00|
|16 Sept 2022||10:00 - 12:00|
|09 Dec 2022||10:00 - 12:00|
Related links for AWERB
- ASPA Guidelines
- European Convention for the Protection of Vertebrate Animals used for Experimental and other Scientific Purposes (1991)
- European Convention for the Protection of Animals during International Transport (Revised) (2006)
- Welfare of Animals (Transport) Order 1997
- ARRIVE guidelines (Animal Research: Reporting of In Vivo Experiments)
- Prepare Guidelines checklist (Planning Research and Experimental Procedures on Animals: Recommendations for Excellence)
- Norecopa Prepare guidelines and information about the checklist