Employers are increasingly looking for graduates who have global experience and can demonstrate intercultural awareness. As a University of Stirling student or graduate there are many opportunities open to you, whether you wish to study, work, teach or volunteer abroad. Working or studying abroad can be a life-changing experience that broadens your horizons.
We offer global career opportunities on TARGETconnect, where you can set up email alerts.
Things to consider before working abroad include:
- What country(ies) are you considering?
- Are you only interested in paid work or open to volunteering?
- Is this a short term or long term plan?
- What visa requirements are there?
- What sort of work is available?
- Are there any language barriers?
- If you intend to return home, how do you plan to sell your experience abroad to future employers?
At Stirling we have access to a brilliant resource called GoinGlobal that will make this process a lot more straight forward. This web site allows you to Spend less time looking for information and more time acting on it with these resources:
- Country and City Guides for more than 120 Locations: Proprietary country and city guides, all written by local employment experts and constantly updated.
- Global Job & Internship Search: Access to 16 million job and internship postings. Updated daily, these opportunities can be searched in the local language, as well as in English.
- Key Employer Directory: Provides profiles and key contact information for more than 450,000 local and multinational companies throughout 196 countries.
It also gives you advice on making applications including CV guidelines and cultural advice for interviewing.
You can access GoinGlobal for free while on our campus. However, if you are not on campus you can access via Careers on Canvas: working abroad or the resources section on TARGETconnect.
It may be easier to find a job when you're actually in the country, so consider doing research trips before you move permanently.
Other resources to explore include: